Okotécho guides the listener into a sonic world brimming with hope, aspiration, and lyricism found in the exceptional interlude between the Middle East, Arboriginal and the West. Under the artistic direction of composer Katia Makdissi-Warren, Okotécho explores mixed music and musical sounds through its own compositions.
| "At the top" - Burj Khalifa
From the top of the 124th floor of Dubai's Khalifa Tower, the world of OktoEcho unfolds in a unique panorama signed by Katia Makdissi-Warren, composer and artistic director of the group. Nine musical pieces bathe the exhibition halls and other places of the tour. Elevator music has never been more inventive and intoxicating!
To find a happy musical mixture: the nuances of the Arabian Nights amalgamate with the colors of the West. 22 Arab and Western instruments are found in all conviviality. No less than 35 minutes of music in summer delivered in just 3 weeks. A real sprint of creativity! High aerobatics, both lyrical and playful!
Photo credit: www.burjkhalifa.ae
• Composition, orchestration & artistic direction : Katia Makdissi-Warren
• Co-produced by Katia Makdissi-Warren et Paul Baraka • Mix, mastering, & writing credits for the “Elevator up” track : Paul Baraka
• Sound engineer : Anne-Marie Sylvestre, Pierre-Philippe Boulay • Voice & oud : Ismail Hakki Fencioglu • Nay : Ralda Salem
• Qanun: Maguy Makhoul • Flte: Marie-Hélène Breault • Oboe: Mélanie Harel • Clarinet: Guillaume Bourque • Bassoon: Françoise Henri • Horn : Morgan Gregory • Trumpet : Alexis Basque • Trombone: Hugo Bégin • Tuba: Philippe Legault
• Percussions : Patrick Graham, Bertil Schulrabe et Firas Haddad • Piano: Marianne Trudel
• Violins: Alexandre Duguay et Valérie Belzile • Alto: Frédéric Lambert • Cello : Dominique Painchaud
• Double bass : Nicolas Lessard • Music production manager : Alexandre Duguay • Thank you to Rafic Mansour, Myriam Brahimcha
• Recorded at Studio Mixart • Mix & mastering studio : Vision Mantra
• Radio-Canada.ca, Québécois à Dubaï, 14 janvier 2010
• Emirates 24/7, Burj Khalifa presents a breathtaking view from the very pinnacle of this world, 5 janvier 2010
• AMEinfo.com, At the Top, Burj Dubai opens to the public on January 5, 4 janvier 2010